If a race sells out, the following Automatic Entry criteria are the only exceptions that will allow a team to register for the race. Registrations must be received 90 days prior to race day and teams must meet the Final Roster Deadline.
- Teams with a team average 5K that is under 20 minutes. Teams will have to provide official results with 5K times or McMillan Running Calculator equivalent times to the race directors.
- Sponsors of the event receiving race entries as part of sponsorship package.
- Teams that won a divisional or contest award in that race the year prior and received an “automatic invite” as part of their awards.
- Teams that volunteered (8 or more volunteers) for 4 or more hours at that race the previous year and received an “automatic invite” as part of their compensation.
- Award winning teams in other Market to Market Relay races within a 12 month period. (ie, award winning Iowa Team would qualify for Nebraska).